REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2Pick-Up Only
You'll need an assistant for this job.
- Have your assistant stand outside and support the glass.
- Working from the inside truck, start at one upper corner and work the weather-stripping across the top of the glass, pulling the weather-stripping down and pushing outward on the glass until your assistant can grab the glass and lift it out.
- Remove the moldings.
- Remove the weather-stripping from the glass.
- Clean the weather-stripping, glass and glass opening with solvent to remove all old sealer.
- Apply liquid butyl sealer in the glass channel of the weather-stripping and install the weather-stripping on the glass.
- Install the moldings.
- Apply a bead of sealer to the opening flange and in the inner flange crevice of the weather-stripping lip.
- Place a length of strong cord, such as butcher's twine, in the flange crevice of the weather-stripping. The cord should go all the way around the weather-stripping with the ends, about 18 in. long each, hanging down together at the bottom center of the window.
- Apply soapy water to the weather-stripping lip.
- Have your assistant position the window assembly in the channel from the outside, applying firm inward pressure.
- From inside, you guide the lip of the weather-stripping into place using the cord, working each end alternately, until the window is locked in place.
- Remove the cord, clean the glass and weather-stripping of excess sealer and leak test the window.
Pick-Up W/Sliding Rear Windows
See Figure 3
- Remove the rear windshield.
- Remove the sliding glass stopper from the window frame.
- Remove the mounting screws for the 2 center support frames.
- While pulling the upper and lower window frame apart, slide the glass into the center of the window and remove each sliding pane from the frame.
- Pull apart the upper and lower frame again and remove the 2 center supports. Slide the stationary glass into the center of the frame and remove it. Repeat for the other side.
- Coat the mating surfaces of the window frame and the weather stripping with soapy water and slide the 2 stationary window halves into position.
- Install the 2 center support frames.
- Install the sliding glass halves, tighten the center frame mounting screws and install the window stopper.
- Install the entire assembly as previously detailed.