REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7
- Remove the wheels, raise the truck and support it on safety stands.
- Paint matchmarks on the strut bar and retaining nut.
- Remove the retaining nut from the front of the bar.
- Remove the nuts holding the bar to the lower control arm and lift out the strut bar.
- Position the bar and install the front nut so that the matchmarks line up.
- Slide the washer and bushing onto the bar and install it to the bracket at the rear.
- Install the collar, bushing and washer to the other side and then connect the rear of the bar to the control arm. Tighten the mounting nut to 70 ft. lbs. (95 Nm).
- Lower the truck and bounce it several times to set the suspension.
- Tighten the front nut to 90 ft. lbs. (123 Nm) and check the alignment.