To service the blower motor of Pick-Up models, refer to the previous Heater Unit/Heater Core Removal & Installation procedures.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Loosen the air duct clamping screws and remove the ducts.
- Remove the air duct screen.
- Unfasten the mounting bolts and remove the blower motor complete with fan.
- Install the blower motor/fan assembly and tighten the mounting bolts.
- Replace the air duct screen and then position the ducts themselves. Tighten the clamp screws.
- Check the coolant system level, run the motor and check for proper operation.
- Disconnect the electrical connector from the blower motor.
- Disconnect the flexible tube from the side of the blower motor.
- Remove the blower motor fasteners and lower the blower motor out of the air inlet duct.
- Install the motor into the inlet duct. Be sure to position the motor so that the flexible tube can be attached to the motor and connect it.
- Connect the electrical lead, check the coolant level, run the heater and check for any leaks.