Never operate the radio without a speaker; severe damage to the output transistors will result. If the speaker must be replaced, use a speaker of the correct impedance (ohms) or else the output transistors will be damaged and require replacement.
- Remove the knobs from the radio.
- Remove the nuts from the radio control shafts.
- Detach the antenna lead from the jack on the radio case.
- Detach the power and speaker leads.
- Remove the radio support nuts and bolts.
- Remove the radio from beneath the dashboard.
- Install the radio into the dashboard and tighten the support nuts and bolts.
- Connect the electrical leads and plug in the antenna.
- Tighten the nuts on the control knob shafts and install the knobs.
1979 AND LATER
- Disconnect the negative battery cable from the battery.
- Remove the steering column upper and lower covers.
- Remove the five screws holding the instrument cluster trim panel and remove trim panel.
- Remove the knobs from the radio and remove the securing nuts from the control shafts.
- Remove the heater/air conditioner knobs from their control arms. Do not remove the blower fan control knob.
- Remove the two screws holding the heater control dash light. Remove the ashtray and remove all of the screws holding the center dash facade onto the dash.
- Pull the facade out and carefully disconnect the cigarette lighter and the blower fan control at their plugs.
- Unscrew any remaining screws holding the radio and pull it out part way. Disconnect the power source, speaker coupling and antenna from the radio and remove through the dash.
- Install the radio into the dash slightly. Connect the power source, speaker coupling and antenna to the radio and insert it fully into the dash.
- Connect the cigarette lighter and the blower fan control plugs. Install the facade.
- Install the screws holding the center dash facade onto the dash. Install the 2 screws holding the heater control dash light.
- Install the heater/air conditioner knobs onto their control arms.
- Install the knobs and securing nuts onto the control shafts.
- Install the instrument cluster trim panel.
- Install the steering column upper and lower covers.
- Connect the negative battery cable from the battery.