REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Raise the rear of the truck and support it on safety stands.
- Remove the drain plug and drain the differential oil.
- Remove the rear axle shaft.
- Disconnect the driveshaft at the differential.
- Remove the mounting bolts and lift out the differential carrier assembly.
- Install a new gasket and position the carrier assembly into the axle housing. Tighten the mounting bolts to 19 ft. lbs. (25 Nm) on the Pick-Up and 4Runner and 34 ft. lbs. (47 Nm) on the Land Cruiser.
- Connect the driveshaft to the companion flange on the differential.
- Install the rear axle shafts.
- Lower the truck and fill the differential with gear oil. Drive the truck and check for any leaks.