REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Unscrew the retaining screws and remove the upper and lower steering column covers.
- Unscrew the 2 retaining screws and remove the steering column garnish.
- Turn the ignition key to the ACC position.
- Push the lock cylinder stop in with a small, round object (cotter pin, punch etc.) and pull out the ignition key and the lock cylinder.
You may find that removing the steering wheel and the combination switch will facilitate easier removal.
- Withdraw the lock cylinder from the lock housing while depressing the lock tab.
- To remove the ignition switch, unfasten its securing screws and withdraw the switch from the lock housing.
- Align the locking cam with the hole in the ignition switch and insert the switch into the lock housing.
- Secure the switch with its screws.
- Make sure that both the lock cylinder and the column lock are in the ACC position. Slide the cylinder into the lock housing until the stop tab engages the hole in the lock.
- Install the steering column garnish and the upper and lower column covers.
- Connect the negative battery cable.