REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5
Wiper blade element replacement is covered in General Information & Maintenance .
- To remove the wiper blades, lift up on the spring release tab on the wiper blade-to-wiper arm connector.
- Pull the blade assembly off the wiper arm.
There are two types of replacements for Toyotas:
- Pre-1973: replace the entire wiper blade as an assembly. Simply snap the replacement into place on the arm.
- Post-1973: press the old wiper blade insert down, away from the blade assembly, to free it from the retaining clips on the blade ends. Slide the insert out of the blade. Slide the new insert into the blade assembly and bend the insert upward slightly to engage the retaining clips.
- To replace a wiper arm, unscrew the acorn nut which secures it to the pivot and carefully pull the arm upward and off the pivot. Install the arm by reversing this procedure.
Later models are equipped with a cover over the acorn nut. To expose the nut, lift the wiper arm and the cover at the same time; this will afford access to the nut.