REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 14Runner
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Pop up the acorn nut cover, remove the nut and pull off the rear wiper.
- Remove the pivot nut.
- Inside, above the tailgate, pop out the 4 clips and remove the wiper motor cover.
- Disconnect the electrical lead and the washer hose, remove the 3 mounting bolts and lift out the wiper motor.
- Position the wiper motor and install the mounting bolts.
- Connect the lead and the washer hose.
- Position the wiper motor cover over the opening and press in the retaining clips.
- Install the pivot nut and tighten it to 8 ft. lbs. (11 Nm).
- Install the wiper arm and tighten the acorn nut to 48 inch lbs. Snap the cover down and connect the battery cable.