REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3 and 4Pick-Up and 4Runner
- Disconnect the wiring from the wiper motor and unbolt it from the fire wall.
- On 1970-78 models, remove the arm nut and crank arm from the wiper motor. On 1979 and later models, pry the wiper link from the crank arm.
- Remove the motor.
- Install the motor.
- Connect the wiper arm linkage.
- Connect the electrical lead.
EXCEPT 1980 AND LATER STATION WAGON
- Detach the wiper link from the motor with a screwdriver.
- Unfasten the two bracket bolts at the rear of the motor.
- Disconnect the wiper motor wiring.
- Unfasten the wiper motor screws and withdraw the motor.
- Install the wiper motor and tighten the mounting screws.
- Connect the wiring harness and press the linkage into the crank arm.
On these models, the wiper motor is removed with the linkage assembly.
- Remove the wiper arm retaining nuts and remove the wiper arm and blade assemblies.
- Remove both wiper arm pivot covers.
- Remove the pivot-to-cowl attaching screws.
- Remove the two service hole covers from the cowl area of the engine compartment.
- Disconnect the wiring from the wiper motor.
- From the engine compartment, remove the wiper motor plate-to-cowl retaining screws.
- Withdraw the wiper motor and linkage from the cowl panel as an assembly.
- Pry the linkage off of the wiper motor and linkage from the cowl panel as an assembly.
- Pry the linkage off of the wiper motor and disconnect the linkage from the motor.
- Install the wiper motor and linkage assembly and tighten the mounting screws.
- Install all necessary components in reverse order of removal.
- Connect the wiring harness. Check system for proper operation.