Refer to the speed sensor system test.
The following procedures require driving the vehicle while it is in the diagnostic mode. The anti-lock system will be disabled; only normal braking function will be available.
- Check the battery voltage with the engine OFF ; voltage should be approximately 12 volts.
- With the ignition switch ON , make certain the ABS warning lamp comes on for about 2 seconds and then goes out. Turn the ignition switch OFF .
- Use a jumper wire to attach terminals Ts and E1 at the Data Link Connector (DLC1).
- Apply the parking brake fully, depress the brake pedal and start the engine.
- After a short delay, the dashboard warning lamp should flash about 4 times every second. Stop the vehicle on a level surface for about one second.
- Drive the vehicle straight ahead at 28 mph (45 kph) or greater speed for several seconds. The warning light should be off when it works normally.
- Stop the vehicle, then the light will begin to blink. Attach the jumper wire to terminals Tc and E1 of the DLC1. Read the number of blinks of the ABS light.
- The light blinks about 2 times ever second. If 2 or more blinks are indicated at the same time, the smallest numbered code will be displayed first.
- Repair any malfunctioning parts. Be sure the ignition switch is in the OFF position.
- Remove the jumper wire from the Tc, Ts and E1 terminals of the DLC1.