REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Please refer to General Information & Maintenance before discharging the compressor or disconnecting air conditioning lines. Damage to the air conditioning system or personal injury could result. Consult your local laws concerning refrigerant discharge and recycling. In many areas it may be illegal for anyone but a certified technician to service the A/C system. Always use an approved recovery station when discharging the air conditioning.
- Safely discharge the system this must be performed by a properly trained and certified mechanic in a facility equipped with refrigerant recovery/recycling equipment that meets SAE standards.
- Separate the harness from the switch.
- Hold the switch mount on the tube with an open end wrench. Remove the switch with another wrench; be careful not to deform the tube. Discard the O-ring.
- Install a new O-ring lubricated with compressor oil ND-Oil 8 or an equivalent to the liquid tube.
- Install the switch to the tube, then tighten on the tube to 7 ft. lbs. (10 Nm).
- Attach the harness to the switch.
- Evacuate the system.
- Have an authorized service station recharge the system with refrigerant. Operate the system and check for leaks.