REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
Removal of the extension housing seal is only possible on the A43D, A44D and A340E transmissions.
- Elevate and safely support the vehicle.
- Position a catch pan below the work area to contain spilled fluid.
- Remove the driveshaft.
- Clean the extension housing area thoroughly before removing the seal. No dirt must be allowed to enter the transmission during replacement.
- Using a seal extractor such as tool 09308-10010 or equivalent, remove the seal.
- Use a seal driver such as tool 09325-20010 or equivalent. Drive the new seal into place until it seats.
- Install the driveshaft.
- Lower the vehicle and start the engine. With the brake applied, shift the transmission through each position, pausing long enough to allow the gear to fully engage. Place the selector in P and check the fluid level, topping the fluid as needed. Do NOT overfill the fluid.