REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
- Remove the master cylinder.
- At the brake pedal, remove the clip and separate the clevis from the pedal.
- Remove the pedal return spring.
- Disconnect the vacuum hose from the booster.
- Loosen the four nuts, then pull out the vacuum booster, bracket and gasket.
Some models employ a spacer and additional gaskets at the firewall.
- Using a new gasket, install the booster, then tighten the mounting bolts to 9 ft. lbs. (13 Nm).
- Install the clevis pin to the clevis through the brake pedal. Secure the pin with the clip.
- Install the pedal return spring.
Adjust the length of the booster pushrod as follows:
- Install the gasket to the master cylinder.
- Set the SST 09737-00010 or equivalent on the gasket, then lower the pin until its tip slightly touches the piston.
- Turn the tool upside down and position it on the booster.
- Measure the clearance between the booster pushrod and the pin head. It should be null.
- Adjust the booster pushrod length until the pushrod lightly touches the pin head. While doing this depress the brake pedal enough so that the pushrod sticks out.
- Install the master cylinder.
- Attach the vacuum hose to the booster.
- Fill the reservoir with brake fluid, then bleed the system.
- Check for leakage.
- Check and adjust the brake pedal.