See Figure 1
Many circuits, particularly high amperage ones, are protected by resetable circuit breakers. Much like the circuit breakers in a household system, these units will trip when too much current attempts to pass through. On Toyota vehicles, the breaker does not automatically reset, but may be reset manually.
To reset the breaker:
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the circuit breaker.
- Use a needle probe or other thin tool to reach into the reset hole and push the reset button.
- Once reset, use an ohmmeter to check for continuity at the pins of breaker. If no continuity is present, the breaker did not reset.
- Reinstall the circuit breaker and connect the negative battery cable.