This component is found on 2RZ-FE, 3RZ-FE, 5VZ-FE and 1FZ-FE engines.
This meter measures the amount of air flowing through the intake system. It is used by the ECM to calculate air/fuel mixture.
See Figure 1
- Remove the air intake hose.
- Turn the ignition switch to the ON position.
- Using a voltmeter, attach the positive terminal probe to the terminal VG, and the negative probe to terminal E3.
- Blow air into the MAF meter, then check that the voltage fluctuates.
- Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
- Install the air intake hose.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
2RZ-FE and 3RZ-FE Engines
See Figure 2
- Disconnect the MAF harness and the IAT harness along with the wire clamps.
- Loosen the are cleaner hose clamp.
- On the 3RZ-FE, disconnect the air hose from the air cleaner cap.
- Loosen the four clips, then the air cleaner cap with the meter attached.
- Remove the four nuts, MAF meter and gasket from the cap.
- Discard the gasket.
- Place a new gasket on the air cleaner cap.
- Install the MAF meter and tighten the nuts to 74 inch lbs. (8 Nm).
- Install the meter and cap assembly on the air cleaner housing.
See Figure 3
- Disconnect the air cleaner cap from the MAF meter.
- Detach the harness from the meter.
- Remove the mounting bolts for the meter. Lift off the meter and discard the gasket.
- Place a new gasket in position, then tighten the meter to the cap assembly, 61 inch lbs. (7 Nm).
- Attach the meter and cap assembly to the air cleaner housing.
- Disconnect the MAF meter harness and wire clamps.
- Separate the cruise control actuator cable from the unit.
- Loosen the air cleaner hose.
- Disconnect the 3 clips, then remove the wing nut, air cleaner cap and meter assembly.
- Unbolt the meter from the cap. Discard the gasket.
- Secure the MAF meter to the cap with a new gasket.
- Install the cap/meter assembly to the air cleaner housing.
- Attach the air cleaner hose to the unit.
- Attach the cruise control actuator cable.
- Connect the MAF meter harness and wire clamps.