See Figures 1, 2 and 3
This system only applies to the 22R engine.
This system cuts off part of the fuel in the slow circuit of the carburetor to prevent overheating and afterburning of the exhaust system.
- Connect a tachometer to the engine.
- Start the engine and check that it runs normally.
If the vehicle is equipped with High Altitude Compensation (HAC), disconnect the vacuum hose from the lower port of the HAC valve. Plug the hose.
- Pinch the vacuum hose to the vacuum switch.
- Gradually increase the engine speed to 3000 rpm. Check that the engine misfires slightly between 2400 and 3000 rpm.
- Release the hose and gradually increase the engine speed to 3000 rpm. Check that the engine operation is normal.
- With the engine at idle unplug the solenoid valve. Check that the engine misfires or stalls.
- Stop the engine and reconnect the wiring. Remove the tachometer.