REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the alternator, A/C and power steering (if applicable) belts.
- Loosen the bolts holding the water pump pulley (not the pump).
- Remove the nuts, then remove the fan clutch (fluid coupling), fan and pulley.
- Install the pulley, clutch and fan; loosely fit the nuts in place.
- Install the drive belt to the water pump pulley. Tighten the nuts to 16 ft. lbs. (21 Nm).
- Install the belts to the other pulleys and adjust.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- With the ignition OFF , unplug the connector at the fan.
- Remove the fan shroud.
- Remove the air intake silencer and support.
- Remove the 3 bolts and remove the cooling fan assembly.
- Attach the cooling fan.
- Install the air intake silencer and support.
- Attach the fan shroud.
- Plug in the fan connection.
- Start the vehicle and check for operation.