REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
This procedure applies to the 4Runners only.
- Open the rear window and remove the body garnishes.
- Disconnect the electrical lead and the hose at the rear washer motor.
- Remove mounting bolt B and then remove the other bolts.
- Remove the cover and place it on pieces of wood on the ground.
- Position the cover top on the truck body and install bolts E and J . Install bolts C and L . Tighten all bolts to 10 ft. lbs. (14 Nm).
- Loosen bolts E and J .
- Install and tighten bolts D and K and then retighten bolts E and J .
- Install all remaining bolts and tighten them to 10 ft. lbs. (14 Nm). Install and tighten bolt B .
- Connect the washer motor lead and hose, install the garnishes and close the tailgate. Check for proper operation of the rear window.