Use only DEXRON®II or its superceding type automatic transmission fluid in the power steering system.
FLUID LEVEL CHECK
See Figure 5
Check the power steering fluid level every 6 months or 6000 miles (9600 km).
- Park the vehicle on a level surface. Run the engine until normal operating temperature is reached.
- Turn the steering all the way to the left and then all the way to the right several times. Center the steering wheel and shut off the engine.
- Open the hood.
- Remove the filler cap on the power steering fluid reservoir and wipe the dipstick clean.
- Reinsert the dipstick and tighten the cap. Remove the dipstick and note the fluid level indicated on the dipstick.
- The level should be at any point below the Full mark, but not below the Add mark (in the HOT or COLD ranges).
- Add fluid as necessary. Do not overfill.