REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 through 11
- Remove the hub cover. Set the control handle to free.
- Remove the cover mounting bolts, then pull off the cover. Remove and discard the gasket.
- Remove the bolt with washer.
- Remove the mounting nuts and washers.
- Using a brass bar and hammer, tap on the bolt ends, then remove the cone washers.
- Pull off the hub body.
- Remove and discard the gasket.
- Place a new gasket into position on the front axle hub. Install the free wheeling hub body with the cones washers and nuts. Tighten the nuts to 23 ft. lbs. (31 Nm).
- Install the bolt with washer, tighten to 13 ft. lbs. (18 Nm).
- Apply multi-purpose grease to the inner hub splines.
- Set the control handle and clutch to the free position.
- Place a new gasket into position on the cover.
- Install the cover to the body with the follower pawl tabs aligned with the non toothed portions of the body.
- Tighten the cover mounting bolts to 7 ft. lbs. (10 Nm).