REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
The blower motor and fan is mounted in the bottom of the heater case. Depending on model and equipment, it may be possible to remove the blower without removing the heater case. If there is insufficient clearance below the case to get the motor and fan free, the case must be removed.
- On Land Cruisers with the 1FZ-FE engine you may need to remove the right side scuff plate to gain access to the motor. Remove the linkage on the lower cover, then remove the cover while pushing the locking protrusion.
- Disconnect the electrical harness from the blower motor.
- Disconnect the ductwork from the casing if it will interfere with motor removal. The motor may have a smaller, flexible air exchange hose on it; remove it.
- Remove the blower motor fasteners and lower the blower motor out of the heater case.
- Install the motor into the inlet duct. Be sure to position the motor so that the flexible tube can be attached to the motor and connect it. Install or connect any ductwork removed from the heater case.
- Connect the electrical lead.
- On the 1FZ-FE Land Cruisers, attach the lower cover, linkage and scuff plate.
- Check the coolant level, add if necessary. Run the heater and check for any leaks.