The heater control valve is located under the hood near the firewall. It is operated by a cable connected to the dashboard temperature control lever. The valve is opened to admit hot coolant into the heater core when the operator moves the lever into the warm or hot range.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Drain the engine coolant.
- Disconnect the control cable from the valve.
- Disconnect the inlet and outlet hoses from the valve.
- If equipped, remove the harness connector.
- If the valve is held by a retaining bolt, remove it and remove the valve.
- Reinstall in reverse order. Use new hose clamps.
- Move the temperature selector lever to COOL. On T100 and Tacoma move it to WARM. Adjust the valve lever to the corresponding position and connect the cable. Lift the spring clip and adjust the cable so that the valve achieves full travel to the closed position.
- Refill the coolant.