REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Raise and support the vehicle.
- Remove the rear wheels.
- Disconnect the ABS speed sensor.
- Remove the caliper.
- Install the hub nuts temporarily to measure the disc runout and thickness. If not within specifications of inspection, replace the disc.
- Place matchmarks on the disc and rear hub, then remove the disc.
If the disc cannot be removed easily, turn the shoe adjuster until the wheel turns freely.To install:
- Install the disc on the hub.
- Install the caliper.
- Attach the ABS speed sensor.
- Install the wheels, hand-tighten the lugnuts.
- Lower the vehicle, tighten the lugnuts.
- Before driving the vehicle press the brake pedal several times.
When deciding weather or not to replace a disc, measure the thickness. The standard thickness is 0.709 in. (18.0mm) and the minimum thickness is 0.630 in. (16.0mm). Measure the disc runout, maximum specification is 0.0059 in. (0.15mm).