REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
The ECU is the electrical brain of the rear wheel anti-lock system. It interprets signals from the speed sensor and the deceleration sensor, determining if wheel lock-up is about to occur. The ECU output controls the solenoid relay which energizes the actuator solenoid.
Additionally, the ECU uses other input signals to determine system readiness and integrity. Should a fault be found, a fault code is assigned and stored in memory. The ECU will illuminate the REAR ANTI-LOCK warning lamp on the dashboard when a fault is noted. The ECU is located behind the glove box on the upper underside of the dash.
- Remove the 4 screws and 1 bolt holding the glove box in place and remove the glove box assembly.
- Remove the 2 screws and 1 nut holding the ECU in place. Gently pull the ECU down for access.
- Make certain the ignition switch is OFF . Unplug the wiring connector from the ECU and remove the unit.
- With the ignition OFF , attach the ECU to the wire harness.
- Install the unit, tightening the nuts and bolts snugly.
- Reinstall the glove box.