REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Unbolt the solenoid from the inside of the right fender.
- Mount and secure the sensor.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
See Figure 1
This relay, mounted on the inside of the right fender under the hood, controls the flow of electricity to the solenoid valve of the actuator.
- With the ignition switch OFF , remove the control relay from its bracket. The relay has 6 terminals.
- Use an ohmmeter to test continuity. There should be continuity between terminals 1 and 6.
- Place the lead of the ohmmeter on terminal 3; check for continuity at terminal 5. Place the lead on terminal 4; continuity should only be found between terminals 3 and 5.
- Apply battery voltage to terminal 1 and ground terminal 6. Place the lead of the ohmmeter on terminal 2; check for continuity at terminal 5. Place the lead on terminal 4; continuity should only be found between terminals 2 and 5.
- All test conditions must be met. If any test is failed, the relay must be replaced.