See Figure 1
The oil pressure sender/switch controls the gauge or idiot light operation in you vehicle while the engine is ON . The gauge will fluctuate during engine operation. If the pressure should stay below the normal range, you should pull to the side of the road and turn your engine OFF immediately. Check your oil level of the vehicle on level ground, if it is low, fill to the proper level. Start the engine and recheck after a few minutes. Oil pressure may not build up when the level is too low.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 2 and 3
- If equipped, remove the lower engine splash shield.
- Using special tool 09816-33010 or an equivalent oil pressure switch socket, remove the switch.
- Apply a thin coat of Loctite® or equivalent to the switch. By hand, carefully thread the switch into the engine. If resistance is felt at all, remove the switch and inspect the threads for any damage. Continue to install the switch. Once installed tighten to 11 ft. lbs. (15 Nm).
- If removed, install the engine splash shield.
- Start the engine and inspect for leaks.