REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Make certain the ignition switch is OFF .
- Pop up the acorn nut cover, remove the nut and pull off the rear wiper.
- Remove the pivot nut.
- Inside, above the tailgate, pop out the clips and remove the wiper motor cover.
- Disconnect the electrical lead and the washer hose, remove the mounting bolts and lift out the wiper motor.
- Position the wiper motor and install the mounting bolts.
- Connect the lead and the washer hose.
- Position the wiper motor cover over the opening and press in the retaining clips.
- Install the pivot nut and tighten it to 8 ft. lbs. (11 Nm).
- Install the wiper arm and tighten the acorn nut to 48 inch lbs. Snap the cover down.
See Figures 2 and 3
- Remove the back door trim, plate and door glass run.
- Separate the weatherstrip from the door, then remove the rear glass.
- Remove the rear wiper arm.
- Disconnect the wiring harness from the motor.
- Remove the nut securing the packing holder.
- Loosen the wiper motor seat bolts, then the motor assembly.
- Remove the washer nozzle.
- Install the washer nozzle.
- Tighten the wiper motor bolts, then install the motor assembly. Tighten the motor bolts to 48 inch lbs. (5 Nm).
- Install the packing holder and nut, tighten to 48 inch lbs. (5 Nm).
- Attach the harness to the motor.
- Install the wiper arm and operate the wiper once, then turn the wiper switch off.
- When tightening the rear arm, push the slider 0.39 in. (10mm) towards the turning slide, then tighten the wiper arm set nut with the step liner on the block as shown in the illustration. Tighten to 48 inch lbs. (5 Nm).
- Install the back door glass, outer weatherstrip, glass run, plate and door trim.
- Insure the ignition switch is OFF .
- On some models you will need to remove the pull handle and pull handle bezel.
- If presents, remove the backdoor trim.
- Lift the cover at the base of the rear wiper arm, remove the retaining nut and remove the wiper arm.
- Remove the large nut on the wiper motor axle (the part that the arm bolts to).
- Disconnect the wiper motor wire harness.
- Remove the retaining bolts holding the motor and remove the motor. Don't bend or damage nearby linkages or components.
- Unbolt the wiper control relay, then disconnect the harness.
- Reassemble in reverse order.