REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the electrical harness at the switch.
- Remove the locknut (closest to the pedal).
- Remove the switch from the brake pedal.
- Insert the new switch and loosely install the locknut.
- Adjust the switch so the pedal, in its at-rest position, holds the plunger at the tip of the switch in.
Remember that the pedal holds the switch off; therefore, the brake lamps come on when the pedal moves away from the switch.
- Once positioned, tighten the locknut and connect the wiring.
- Check the switch function by pressing the pedal. Have an assistant observe the brake lamps for proper operation.