REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Igniters are mounted in one of two places on your Toyota truck. On the remotely mounted coils, the igniter is secured to the coil. On the integral coil vehicles (where the coil is in the distributor) the igniter is secured to the fender well.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Separate the wiring harness connections.
- Unbolt the igniter.
- If mounted to the coil, loosen the nut holding the wire lead.
- Tag and disconnect the wire lead.
- Lift the igniter off its mount.
- Mount the igniter to the bracket.
- Attach the wire lead to the coil if used.
- Connect the harness.
- Connect the negative battery cable.