REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
If your antenna mast is the type where you can unscrew the mast from the fender, simply do so with a pair of pliers. Most damaged antennas are simply the result of a truck wash or similar mishap, in which the mast is bent.Manual Antenna
- Disconnect the antenna cable at the radio by pulling it straight out of the set. Depending on access, this may require loosening the radio and pulling it out of the dash.
- Working under the instrument panel, disengage the cable from its retainers.
On some models, it may be necessary to remove the instrument panel pad to get at the cable.
- Outside, unsnap the cap from the antenna base.
- Remove the screw(s) and lift off the antenna, pulling the cable with it, carefully.
- When reinstalling, make certain the antenna mount area is clean and free of rust and dirt. The antenna must make a proper ground contact through its base to work properly.
- Install the screws and route the cable into the cab. Make certain the cable is retained in the clips, etc.
- Connect the cable to the radio; reinstall the radio if it was removed.