Use only DEXRONII or III Automatic Transmission Fluid (ATF) in the power steering system.
FLUID LEVEL CHECK
Check the power steering fluid level every six months or 6,000 miles (9,600 km).
- Park the vehicle on a level surface. Run the engine until normal operating temperature is reached.
- Turn the steering all the way to the left and then all the way to the right several times. Center the steering wheel and shut off the engine.
- Open the hood.
- Remove the filler cap on the power steering fluid reservoir and wipe the dipstick clean.
- Reinsert the dipstick and tighten the cap. Remove the dipstick and note the fluid level indicated on the dipstick.
- The level should be at any point below the Full mark, but NOT below the ADD mark (in the HOT or COLD ranges).
- Add fluid as necessary. Do NOT overfill.