REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Remove the control assembly from the dash.
- Tag and remove the cables from the back of the control assembly.
- Disconnect the cable from the component it is attached to.
- Attach the cable to its appropriate location in the back of the control assembly. Then route it to the appropriate component. Adjust the cable.
- Check for proper operation.
First move the control levers to the left, and then to the right. Check for any stiffness and binding through the full range of the levers.Air Inlet Damper Control
Set the air inlet damper to the FRESH position, and then install the control cable and lock the clamp.Mode Damper Control
- On T100 and Tacoma, set the mode damper and the control cable to the FACE position.
- On all other models, set the mode damper and control cable to DEF .
- Clamp the section of the control cable and install the cable to the damper control lever.
On Tacoma and T100, set the air mix damper and the control lever to the COOL or WARM position. Install the control cable and lock the clamp.Water Valve Control
On Tacoma and T100, set the water valve in the COOL or WARM position. While pushing the outer cable in the direction, clamp the outer cable to the water valve bracket.