REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Elevate and safely support the vehicle.
- Position a catch pan below the work area to contain spilled fluid.
- Remove the driveshaft.
- Clean the extension housing area thoroughly before removing the seal. No dirt must be allowed to enter the transmission during replacement.
- Use a seal extractor tool to remove the seal.
- Use a seal driver tool to drive the new seal into place until it seats.
- Install the driveshaft.
- Lower the vehicle and start the engine. With the brake applied, shift the transmission through each position, pausing long enough to allow the gear to fully engage. Place the selector in P and check the fluid level, topping the fluid as needed. Do NOT overfill the fluid.