REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disarm the SRS system. For additional information, please refer to the following topic(s): "CHASSIS ELECTRICAL," "SRS System." See .
On models without tilt steering, proceed as follows:
- Place the front wheels facing straight ahead.
- Remove the two steering wheel lower covers. Using a Torx driver, loosen the Torx screws until the groove along the screw circumference catches on the screw case.
- Pull out the wheel pad from the steering wheel, then detach the air bag connector.
- Remove the steering wheel set nut. A special wheel puller may be needed. Place matchmarks on the steering wheel and mainshaft assembly. Remove the wheel.
- Unplug the harness.
- Align the matchmarks on the wheel and the mainshaft. Tighten the wheel set nut to 25 ft. lbs. (34 Nm).
- Attach the harness.
- Attach the air bag harness, then install the wheel pad after confirming that the circumference groove of the Torx screw is caught on the screw case.
- Using a Torx driver, tighten the screws to 78 inch lbs. (9 Nm).
- Install the steering wheel covers.
- Check the steering wheel center point.