REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Wiper blade element replacement is covered in General Information and Maintenance.
Toyota has two types of wiper blades: the screw-on type and the clip-on type.
To remove the clip-on type, lift up the wiper arm from the windshield. Lift up on the spring release tab on the wiper blade-to-wiper arm connector, and then pull the blade assembly off the wiper arm.
To remove the screw-on type, lift up the wiper arm from the windshield. Loosen and remove the two screws retaining the blade to the arm, then lift the blade assembly off the wiper arm.
- There may be a cover over the nut, remove this to access the nut.
- With the arm in the down position, unscrew the nut which secures it to the pivot.
- Matchmark the arm to the shaft.
- Carefully pull the arm upward and off the pivot.
- Install the arm by placing the arm onto the linkage shaft. Make sure it is seated correctly; if not correctly aligned, the blade will slap the bodywork at the top or bottom of its stroke. Tighten the nut to approximately 15 ft. lbs. (20 Nm).
If one wiper arm does not move when turned on or only moves a little bit, check the retaining nut at the bottom of the arm. The extra effort of moving snow or wet leaves off the glass can cause the nut to come loose, and as a result, the pivot will move without moving the arm.