See Figures 1, 2 and 3
- Inspect the sensor. Disconnect the speed sensor wiring.
Measure the resistance between terminals. Standard resistance is:
- If the resistance value is not within specifications, replace the speed sensor.
- Check that there is no continuity between each terminal and the sensor body.
- If there is continuity, replace the sensor.
- Connect the speed sensor wiring.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 4 through 8
Unbolt the speed sensor from the steering knuckle. Place a new sensor into position and check that there is no clearance between the sensor and the steering knuckle. Secure the sensor bolt to 69 ft. lbs. (8 Nm).
See Figures 9 through 13
Unbolt and remove the sensor from the rear axle.
- When replacing a new sensor, using sandpaper or an equivalent, remove the paint of the sensor installation portion. On used sensors, simply clean the sensor with a paper towel.
- Insert the sensor, tighten the lockbolt to 69 ft. lbs. (8 Nm). Check that there is no clearance between the sensor and the rear axle housing.