REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 through 4
- Remove the brake master cylinder.
- Disconnect the vacuum hose from the brake booster.
- To disconnect the brake pedal from the booster clevis, first remove the clip. Loosen the lock nut, then remove the clevis pin.
- Remove the 4 mounting nuts, clevis and extract the booster from the firewall. Discard the gasket.
- Position a new gasket and install the booster to the firewall, secure the retaining nuts to 9 ft. lbs. (13 Nm).
- Install the clevis pin to the clevis through the brake pedal and secure the pin with the clip.
Adjust the length of the booster pushrod:
- Install the gasket for the master cylinder.
- Set the push pin SST 09737-00010 or equivalent, on the gasket and lower the pin until its tip slightly touches the piston.
- Turn the tool upside down, and position it on the booster.
- Measure the clearance between the booster pushrod and pin head of the tool. Clearance should be 0 inch (0mm).
- Adjust the booster pushrod length until the pushrod lightly touches the pin head.
When adjusting the pushrod, depress the brake pedal so that the rod sticks out.
- Install the master cylinder.
- Connect the vacuum hose to the booster.
- Fill the brake master cylinder reservoir with brake fluid and then bleed the brake system.
- Check for fluid leakage.
- Do an operational test.