REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Remove the supercharger.
- Remve the alternator.
- Unbolt and extract the No. 1 idler pulley.
- Loosen the A/C idler pulley nut and adjusting bolt, and remove the A/C drive belt. Remove the A/C idler pulley.
- Unbolt the A/C compressor and set aside. Keep the hoses attached. Do NOT disconnect the hose.
- On 4WD models, remove the front propeller shaft and front differential.
- Remove the equipment driveshaft.
- Unbolt and remove the equipment drive housing.
- Remove the No. 1 equipment drive housing insulators.
- Align the hole and knock pin when installing the drive housing insulators and secure to 18 ft. lbs. (25 Nm).
- Install the equipment drive housing and driveshaft.
- On the 4WD models install the front differential and front propeller shaft.
- Positon the A/.C compressor and tighten the mounting bolts to 18 ft. lbs. (25 Nm).
- Attach the A/C idler pulley and tighten the 3 bolts to 18 ft. lbs. (25 Nm).
- Install the A/C belt and tighten the idler pulley nut to 31 ft. lbs. (43 Nm) and the adjusting bolt to 43 inch lbs. (5 Nm).
- Attach the No. 1 idler pulley and tighten the bolts to 13 ft. lbs. 918 Nm).
- Install and secure the alternator. Tighten the alternator bolt to 37 ft. lbs. (50 Nm) and the stay to 20 ft. lbs. (26 Nm).
- Install the supercharger.