REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Remove the transmission.
- Remove the clutch assembly, on manual transmissions and the torque converter on automatics.
- Place matchmarks on the flywheel and crankshaft end. Loosen the bolts holding the flywheel or driveplate a little at a time in a criss-cross pattern. Remove the flywheel. Protect the flywheel/flexplate from damage or impact.
Keep your feet clear of accidental dropping.To install:
- Thouroughly clean the flywheel/flexplate bolts. coat the first 3 or 4 threads of each bolt with sealant.
- Install the flywheel/flexplate, aligning the previously made marks. Install the bolts finger-tight.
Tuightne the bolts in a criss-cross pattern in several passes to:
Manual-65 ft. lbs. (88 Nm)
- Install the remaining components.