REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 through 5
- Disconnect the negative battery cable. Wait at least 90 seconds after the negative battery cable is disconnected before performing work on models equipped with an airbag.
- Remove the engine from the vehicle.
- Remove the crankshaft pulley.
- Remove the oil pump cover screws and cover. Remove the O-ring.
Remove the timing chain case as follows:
- Remove the three bolts from the rear of the timing chain cover.
- Remove the 12 bolts and two nuts from the front of the chain cover.
Beware of the three bolts in the cover that are not to be removed, refer to the illustration.
- Using a plastic faced hammer, tap the chain case and remove the timing chain case and two gaskets.
Install the timing chain case as follows:
- Clean the gasket surface for the timing chain case.
- Install two new gaskets over the dowels.
- Slide on the chain case over the dowels.
Install the bolts and nuts and tighten the bolts as follows:
A to 14 ft. lbs. (20 Nm)
- Install and tighten the three chain case bolts (rear) to 13 ft. lbs. (18 Nm).
- Place a new O-ring into the groove of the timing chain case.
- Install the oil pump cover. Tighten the screws to 8 ft. lbs. (10 Nm).
- Install the crankshaft pulley.
- Install the engine.
- Connect the negative battery cable. Road test the vehicle for proper operation.