REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 through 11
- Disconnect the negative battery cable. Wait at least 90 seconds before performing any work on the vehicle once the cable is disconnected on models equipped with an airbag.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the air intake duct.
- Remove the No. 1 engine under cover.
- Drain the cooling system.
- Disconnect the radiator hoses and coolant reservoir hose from the radiator.
- On 1995-97 vehicles, disconnect the power steering reservoir by removing the two bolts.
- On 1995-97 vehicles, disconnect the water bypass hose for the throttle body.
- If equipped with an automatic transmission, disconnect the transmission cooling lines.
- Extract the upper fan shrouds by removing the bolts.
- Remove the lower fan shroud bolts but leave the shroud in the vehicle.
It may be necessary to positive battery cable to make clearance for the radiator shroud.
- Remove the radiator supports by removing the two bolts.
- Remove the radiator from the vehicle.
- Install the radiator into the vehicle. Tighten the support bolts to 13 ft. lbs. (18 Nm).
- Install the fan shrouds and bolts.
- Connect the radiator hoses.
- On 1995-97 vehicles, connect the water bypass hose from the throttle body.
- If equipped with an automatic transmission, connect the transmission cooler lines.
- On 1995-97 vehicles, install the power steering reservoir and tighten the bolts to 9 ft. lbs. (13 Nm).
- Install the engine under cover.
- Install the air intake duct.
- Lower the vehicle.
- Connect the negative battery cable. Reset any electronic components such as the radio.
- Refill the cooling system. Start the engine, bleed the cooling system, and check for leaks.