REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 through 9
Remove the right side engine service hole cover.
- Remove the three screws and the scuff plate.
- Unbolt and disconnect the right seat belt from the front floor panel.
- Remove the four bolts holding the right front seat.
- Remove the two bolts and the right front seat leg.
- Remove the jack, the jack stand and the tool bag.
- Remove the engine service hole cover.
- Remove the No. 2 cylinder head cover with the gasket.
- Remove the PCV hose and disconnect the four spark plug wires from the spark plugs.
- Remove the No. 2 cord clamp support plate.
- Remove the No. 1 cylinder head cover and the gasket.
- Clean the valve cover and mating surfaces of any gasket or packing materials with a scraper.
- Apply seal packing to the 6 locations of the cylinder had as shown in the illustration.
- Place a new gasket on the cover and position it on the cylinder head. tighten the cover bolts in the sequence shown to 69 inch lbs. (8 Nm).
- Attach the No. 2 cord clamp support plate and tighten to 43 inch lbs. (5 Nm).
- Attach the spark plug wires and PCV hose.
- Attach the No. 2 cylinder head cover and secure the bolts to 48 inch lbs. (6 Nm).
- Install the remaining components and secure the engine service hole cover.