REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 through 6
- Drain the engine coolant into a suitable container.
- If necessary, disconnect the lower radiator hose from the water inlet housing.
It is not necessary to remove the radiator hose from the housing to replace the thermostat.
- Remove the two water inlet nuts and remove the water inlet from the water pump cover.
Fluid will drain from the housing, have a pan ready.
- Remove the thermostat and gasket.
- Install a new gasket to the thermostat.
- Align the jiggle valve with the protrusion and insert the thermostat to the water inlet.
- Install the water inlet to the water pump cover and tighten the two nuts to 14 ft. lbs. (19 Nm) engine.
- Fill the engine with coolant.
- Check the oil level.
- Start the engine, bleed the cooling system, check for leaks, and verify proper operation of the thermostat.