REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 through 10
- Raise the vehicle and support safely.
- Remove the engine under covers.
- Drain the engine coolant.
- Drain the engine oil.
- Disconnect the heater hose and radiator outlet hoses.
- Remove the oil filter bracket.
- Disconnect the water hose from the water pump.
- Remove the water pump retaining bolts and pump from the timing cover.
- Remove the O-ring from the water pump.
- Remove the water pump from the housing by removing the two bolts.
- Install the water pump with a new gasket and tighten the bolts to 14 ft. lbs. (20 Nm).
Install the water pump to the timing cover and install the bolts. Tighten the bolts for the water pump as follows:
Bolt A: 14 ft. lbs. (20 Nm)
- Connect the water hose to the water pump.
- Install the oil filter bracket to the engine using a new O-ring.
- Connect the heater hose and radiator outlet hose.
- Fill the engine with oil.
- Fill the engine and radiator with coolant.
- Start the engine and check for leaks.