REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 through 4
- Open the sliding moon roof.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable. Wait at least 90 seconds before proceeding on models equipped with an air bag.
- Remove the roof headliner.
- Unscrew and remove the rear roof side garnish. The trim can be carefully pulled off. Watch for broken clips and replace as needed.
- Remove the front roof side garnish. There is one screw and 5 nuts.
- Remove the drive motor retained by two nuts and a bolt. Disconnect the wiring attached to the motor.
- Detach the sliding moon roof garnish held in place with one screw.
Remove the sliding moon roof glass from the cable held in by four nuts.
- Slide the glass rearward to remove it.
- Remove the wind deflector panel, only two nuts retain the panel.
- Unscrew and separate the slide roof rail. Remove the four nuts and the side roof front rail. Remove the three nuts and slide the rear rail.
- Remove the roof guide nut and slide the guide off.
- Remove the eight bolts for the drive cable and extract the cable.
- Pull the weatherstip off the roof.
- Attach the weatherstrip to the opening in the roof.
- Attach and secure the drive cable with the eight bolts.
- Insatall the slide roof rear guide. Position and secure the front guide with the nut.
- install the panel with two nuts and secure.
- Slide the glass forward to insert into the slide roof rail. install the glass to the drive cable. Install the four nuts.
- Slide the sliding roof rearwards to the rear end. Remove the screw and cam plate cover. Loosen the large screw at the back side of the drive shaft, then turn the drive shaft by hand to align the housing and gear point mark as shown in the illustration. Install the cam plate cover with the screw. attach the wiring. Install the motor and secure with the nuts and bolt.
- Adjust the roof.
- Install the sliding roof garnish and secure.
- Install the front roof side garnish and secure with the five nuts and screw.
- Tap the rear roof side garnish to install and secure with the screw.
- Doubler check that all garnishes and components are secure, there is nothing worse than installing all the components and having a rattle.
- Install the headliner.
- Connect the negative battery cable.