REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Open the tailgate completely.
- Remove the inner trim panel.
- Disengage the electrical connector from the combination light and the electric solenoid as required. Remove the harness and position out of the way.
- Scribe the hinge location on the tailgate to aid in installation.
- Disconnect the damper stay from the tailgate and position out of the way. Disconnect the rear defroster wiring, if equipped.
- Remove the tailgate-to-hinge bolts and remove the tailgate from the vehicle.
- Position the tailgate on the vehicle and align the scribe marks.
- Install the tailgate-to-hinge bolts and secure tightly.
- Install the damper stay to the tailgate attaching the upper end to the tailgate first.
- Reconnect the electrical harness as required.
- Install the interior trim panel.
- Close the tailgate slowly to check for proper alignment, and adjust as required.
See Figures 3, 4 and 5
To adjust the door in forward/rearward and left/right directions, loosen the hinge bolts and position the tailgate as required and secure.
To adjust the door in forward/rearward and vertical directions, loosen the body side hinge nuts to adjust.
To adjust the side female stopper:
- Loosen the stopper mounting bolts, then using a plastic tipped hammer, tap the striker to adjust.
To adjust the tailgate lock striker:
- Remove the 2 screws (on each end) from the back door scuff plate, then carefully pull to release it.
Be careful not to damage the clip during removal.
- Check that the door fit and linkages are adjusted correctly.
- Loosen the striker mounting screws to adjust.
- Using a plastic tipped hammer, tap the striker to adjust. Secure the bolts.