All Previa superchargers use a special supercharger oil (08885-80108) or equivalent.
See Figures 1 and 2
When the engine is cold, check the level of the supercharger dipstick. Inspect the supercharger oil every 30,000 miles (48,000 km).
- Park the vehicle on a level spot and turn the engine off.
- On the 4WD models, remove the left front suspension support member and the shift cable stay.
- Turn the yellow headed supercharger oil level dipstick counterclockwise and pull it out.
- Wipe the dipstick with a clean rag.
- Reinsert the dipstick, turn it fully clockwise or the reading will not be correct.
- Remove the dipstick again and look at the oil level on the end.
- The oil level should be between the L and F marks on the dipstick.
- If the level is low, check for leakage and Air Control Valve (ACV), and add oil up to the F mark.
- Add supercharger oil through the dipstick tube using a vinyl tube and syringe. Recheck the oil level.
The supercharger could be damaged if it is overfilled or the oil level is low.
- On the 4WD models, reinstall the left front suspension support member and shift cable assembly.
DRAIN & REFILL
Inspect the supercharger oil every 30,000 miles (48,000 km). Toyota does not have an interval to drain and refill the system. If necessary, remove the magnetic plug under the rear cover and drain the oil. Insert the plug with gasket and using a syringe and vinyl tube, fill the system with supercharger oil.