REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 through 8
- Raise and safely support the front of the vehicle securely on jackstands.
- Remove the front wheels.
- Remove the engine under covers.
- Remove the 2 bolts and disconnect the lower ball joint from the steering knuckle.
- Remobve the 2 bolts and lower control arm bracket. Loosen and remove the nut then extract the arm shaft. Lower the control arm with ball joint attached from the vehicle.
- Postion the lower control arm with ball joint into the vehicle. Install the nut and arm shaft. Do not completely tighten the nut yet.
- Install the arm bracket and install the bolts. do not tighten them at this time.
- Attach the lower ball joint to the steering knuckle. Tighten the bolts to 94 ft. lbs. (127 Nm).
- Install the wheels, hand-tighten the lug nuts and lower the vehicle.
- Bounce the vehicle to stabilize the suspension.
- Raise the vehicle slightly and tighten the arm shaft nut to 121 ft. lbs. (164 Nm). and the suspension bracket bolts to 105 ft. lbs. (142 Nm).
- Lower the vehicle again and tighten the lug nuts to specification.
- Check the front end alignment.
CONTROL ARM BUSHING REPLACEMENT
See Figure 9
- Remove the lower control arm from the vehicle.
- To remove the rear bushing, loosen the nut.
- Force out the bushing and washer.
- Insert a bushing and position the washer as shown.
- Install the nut and tighten it so that the flat surface of the rear bushing is level with the upper surface of the lower control arm.
- Tigthen the nut to 80 ft. lbs. (109 Nm).
- Install the lower control arm.