REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 through 4
- Relieve the fuel pressure.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Drain the fuel from the gas tank.
- Remove the fuel tank from the vehicle.
- Remove the access plate bolts, then pull out the fuel pump assembly.
- Disconnect the electrical wires from the fuel pump. Pull the bracket from the lower side of the fuel pump and remove the fuel pump from the fuel hose.
- Remove the rubber cushion, the clip and the fuel filter from the bottom of the fuel pump.
- Install the fuel pump filter to the fuel pump with a new clip.
- Install the fuel pump to the fuel pump bracket and use new gaskets.
- Connect the fuel hose to the outlet port of the fuel pump.
- Install the fuel pump bracket. Tighten the bolts to 26 inch lbs. (3 Nm).
- Install the fuel tank and connect all electrical and fuel harness.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Refill the fuel tank and check for leaks.
- Disconnect the fuel pump wiring.
- Using an ohmmeter, measure the resistance between the terminals. Standard is 0.2-0.3 ohms at 68°F (20°C).
- If the resistance is not within specifications, replace the fuel pump.
- Connect battery power to the terminals. Check that the fuel pump operates.
These test must be performed quickly (within 10 seconds) to prevent the coil from burning out. Always do the switching at the battery side.
- If the operation is not as specified, replace the fuel pump.
- Reconnect the fuel pump wiring.