- Disconnect the negative battery terminal.
- Place a catch-pan under the joint to be disconnected. A large quantity of fuel may be released when the joint is opened.
Wear eye or full face protection.
- Place a shop towel over the area and slowly loosen the joint using a wrench of the correct size. Use a back-up wrench if needed.
- Allow the fuel left in the line to bleed off slowly before fully disconnecting the joint.
- Plug the opened lines immediately to prevent fuel spillage or the entry of dirt.
- Dispose of the released fuel properly.
- After rejoining the fuel lines, connect the negative battery cable and start the engine.
- Check for leaks and repair as needed.